Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Time


This Holiday season has been a whirlwind for us and one that was both wonderful and a little hectic. We did a lot of fun things, but also missed a few things I would have loved to do. However this year we were all together and that was what matters most! Here are a few bullets to our December Extravaganza:




** Papa's Birthday....YEAH!!!


** James lost his first tooth!!


** Mommy lost a crown.BOO!


** Miah put two words together all on her own!


** Uncle Shane had a Birthday!


**James lost a second tooth... to funny!


** Mommy got a new car and said bye bye to the van.


** We celebrated Christmas by hosting the Little Ladybug party with a few of Miahs China sisters.


** Miah saw Santa for the first time, and was not really to thrilled,but survived.


** James asked me for the first time " Is Santa really, really real mama?" I wanted to cry but Randy and I always agreed if he asked we would not lie. Funny thing is even after telling him the whole St. Nick story and explaining what a tall tale is James still made his own choice to believe, and we told him that was OK!


** Randy and I celebrated 14 years of marriage, and I can still say that I love this man with every ounce of my heart. I also learned that you can FALL in love all over again even after being with someone for this long, and it feels really good!


** We hosted Christmas at our house this year and it was WONDERFUL! Miah's first Christmas will defiantly be one that I will always hold dear to my heart. Both of my Children were more than blessed with gifts, but more importantly with the love of family. When I asked James if he had a good Christmas last night before he went to bed he said yes. Then I asked one more time what Christmas was reall about and this is what he said...


" Its about family, and it is Jesus' Birthday. Mom it is about presents too and Jesus." Then he looked at me real serious and said" Really mama it IS about family TOO, you know being together?" I looked at he and told him that was right and then he hugged me real tight and went to bed. As a mom I will always hold that close to me, and as an adoptive mother it struck me even a little closer to home. Family.... I belong.... I am wanted, loved and needed. That is what I heard in my beautiful sons words and that is my wish for all the children of the world.


I will post pic. later. Merry Christmas all.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Your son is absolutely precious!!!

It sounds like you all had a wonderful Christmas!!! :-)

AmyO said...

What a cute Christmas picture!

Sophie's Mom said...

What beautiful children you have! This picture is priceless! Love the smile!