Friday, November 16, 2007

Little Artist and Homework





There are new things happening over here and to me it is a wonderful thing! First of all Miah is really beginning to talk. Words are popping up all over the place and I could not be happier. I was really worried for a while about her speech as most things she says sounds like she has a mouth full of marbles. Now she still has a few words I can not understand, but there are so many new things she is saying that are really clear and real words not to mention very very cute! Mr. James is taking off reading, I mean it was like a light went off in his head and we have an emergent reader in our home. Love it!! Another new thing for James is homework, well ok sort of new, but not fun. We are really trying to get him started on good habits for homework as this will be a constant in his life for the next SEVERAL years and it is a must that will not go away. He is not thrilled about it and is fighting us really hard right now, but I know in time we will get it all worked out. I do try to make it fun where I can, but the truth is there is just only so much you can do with it all. James is doing great in school... almost all A's he has one B that I do not agree with but can do nothing to change as it is school policy to give them a B if they are on level with reading, they must me above level to get an A. He should get an A this six weeks, we will see.


Miah has learned what coloring is all about. My little angel is a budding artist with a flare for the dramatic. We had a great time the other day just playing around with colors enjoy the pictures.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Your kids are adorable!!! Love your blog!!! :-)

RamblingMother said...

love the double fisted coloring.

Beverly