Thursday, January 03, 2008

What a diffrence a year makes

This is a picture of "THE CALL"

First of all I want to say Happy New Year!! Also congratulations to the new mommies and daddies who just received referrals yesterday and today.


As I sit here this morning my mind clearly goes back to a year ago today and I can still remember the tension and excitement in the air. It was our turn, finally. Today was the day we would see our daughters face for the first time and there were no doubts as we had just missed the cut off the month before. I was up early and scouring the Internet for any glimpse of news and the day seemed to drag by so slowly for me, but our moment did happen. This is the first glimpse we had of Miah. Later I wrote down all about that day here " The Call". It happened and now time seems to be flying by so fast that I can hardly keep up. A year ago today one part of our Journey ended and another part began, the best part, knowing our daughter, if even from a distance in the beginning. This past year brought so many things to our lives, and it all started with that call. Thank you China, for one of your daughters. She is the most amazing little girl and we love her so very much. We will always be grateful that we were chosen to be her parents and family.

3 comments:

Sophie's Mom said...

Oh my, that has to be one of the cutest referral pictures I've ever seen. Congrats on a year!

Christie said...

Awww! Love that...it's awesome!!

Robyn said...

So glad that you have let us follow along on your journey for the last year (and beyond).

Can't wait to post my own picture of "The Call".