Monday, August 07, 2006

School shopping

Well with less than two weeks to go until James starts Kindergarten I have been shopping, shopping, shopping. It seems over the summer he has outgrown every pair of pants he owns. The only problem is that it is only in length that they no longer fit. The wait size if fine, and this is a big problem! It is so hard to find anything that is not swimming on him so I have learned to love two things 1) 5 slim these seem to do really well but are very hard to find and 2) the new drawing up waist in children's pants. Did you know that they now put elastic on the inside of kids jeans with a button to change the size in an instant on certain brands. It is really nice and will make life a lot easier or at the very least his wardrobe easier to manage.
Now we have all the school supplies that are required but all the fun of having them is gone. It seems that the kids must give all the supplies to the teachers and then they are all doled out as needed.... Where is the fun in that! I loved arranging my supplies when I was a little girl, taking them in and out of the supply box, having a special pencil, decorating every thing with my name and knowing it was mine and mine alone. Not so now days you send in two or three of every thing and they store it away No Fun I tell ya!

No comments: